Two types of potato soup
Serves 8 - 10 as a stew:
- 2,5 kg Grocholl Potatoes - cubed, small
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 allspice corns
- approx. 2,5 litres prepared beef stock
- 3 onions
- approx. 150 g lean bacon (cubed)
- 2 cups crème fraîche
- 2 small pieces celeriac
- 3-4 carrots
- 2 leeks
- a few sprigs parsley
- hot dog sausages or frankfurters (optional)
Fry the bacon in a little oil, add the diced onions and sauté until they become translucent. Add the chopped vegetables (except parsley) and sauté for approx. 8 minutes. Add the stock, bay leaves and allspice. Then add the potatoes and bring to a boil.
1. For a clear potato soup, season generously and serve with sausages. Stir in the chopped parsley.
2. For a creamy potato soup: Mash the soup until the desired consistency is achieved (use a potato masher). Season with marjoram and chopped parsley to taste. Add the crème fraîche and serve with hot dog sausages or frankfurters.