Potatoes with apple, onions and honey
Serves 6 - 8:
- 2 slightly tart apples, cut into small pieces (approx. 1 cm)
- 2 onions, cut into small pieces (approx. 1 cm)
- 2 kg Grocholl Parisienne Potatoes or Grocholl Potatoes „Mini“
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 9 tbsp honey (acacia honey)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (fresh or dried)
- salt and pepper, thyme, marjoram, ginger, orange zest
- for frying: olive oil or vegetable oil (with butter flavour, as required)
Preparation time: approx. 25 min.
First place the rinsed potatoes into a pan (preheated at max. medium temperature) and immediately add a little salt. Now shake the pan gently for 1/2 minute to let the potatoes dry out. Add a small sprig of rosemary. Now add a tablespoon of oil and fry the potatoes until the are golden brown.
Season the potatoes with salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, a little ginger and a hint of orange zest and let the robust spices fuse with the potatoes.
If you are using a deep frying pan, push the seasoned potatoes to the edge and place the apple pieces and the onions in the centre. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil to these ingredients and brown. Then add the chopped garlic. Next add the honey to the apple and onion mixture and caramelise with all ingredients (lightly brown). Now mix the potatoes with the caramelised apples and onions, add some more rosemary, turn off the heat and leave the dish to rest for a good 4 minutes.
Try adding a little parsley or chives.
This recipe is ideal as a side dish for poultry dishes such as goose or duck but also for all game dishes.